What is CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care?
The CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is a nationally recognised qualification based on competency standards from the Community Services Training Package. The competency standards have been developed under the National Training Framework and form the basis of the qualification. To achieve this qualification, the student must have completed a total of least 280 hours of work in a regulated children's education and care service in Australia.
CHC50121- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
The Diploma is made up of 15 Units:
- 12 Core units and 3 electives.
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- CHCECE041 Establish a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE042 Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing
- CHCECE043 Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE044 Facilitate compliance in a children's education and care service
- CHCECE045 Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
- CHCECE046 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE047 Analyse information to inform children's learning
- CHCECE048 Plan and implement children's education and care curriculum
- CHCECE049 Embed environmental responsibility in service operations
- CHCECE050 Work in partnership with children's families
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCMGT003 Lead the work team
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
- The competencies will be assessed both off and on the job. All units of competency have a theory based component, which students will work through. This will be combined with "on the job" practical component.
Course Duration: 18 months
Learning Pathway and Delivery Method
CCST offers a blended delivery method.
This class starts on the 7th February 2022. The commitment will be 1 day (Monday) in class per month. There will also be fortnightly Zoom sessions. Students will have all their materials and assessmentS on our student management system aXcelerate. This course will be delivered over 18 months (77 weeks).
Students will need access to a computer and internet connection.
Our next Course will be held in July 2022. Register your interest now!
This course is for students who have either completed CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, and are currently employed and working within the early childhood sector. A minimum of 18 years of age.
Whilst Child Care Services Training qualifications are open access, to ensure the success of an individual, CCCT's facilitators recommend that students have completed a minimum of year 10 and that their literacy and numeracy skills be at basic adult learning level.
Child Care Services Training uses a Language Literacy and Numeracy Tool, designed to identify individual students support requirements.
If a student does not meet the minimum requirements, our facilitators will recommend an introductory pre-vocational course to assist with literacy and numeracy skills.
For placement within services, students will need to provide evidence of a clear working with children check displaying their legal capacity to work with children. (URL: https://screening.sa.gov.au/)
Fee for Service Student Course Fees / Incidental costs
The cost of the course will be $9000.00
Child Care Services Training does not offer any fee concessions or fee exemptions.
- Course and Qualifications Entry Requirements.
- Whilst Child Care Services Training qualifications are open access, to ensure the success of an individual, CCCT's facilitators recommend that students have completed a minimum of year 10 and that their literacy and numeracy skills be at basic adult learning level. If a student does not meet the minimum requirements, our facilitators will recommend an introductory pre-vocational foundation skills course to assist with literacy and numeracy skills.
- Students will need to provide evidence of a clear working with children check displaying their legal capacity to work with children.
Child Care Services Training is a WorkReady provider
Students may be eligible for funding under WorkReady*
Cost: $350 student co-contribution fee. ($3oo when concession applies)
*Visit http://skills.sa.gov.au/ for eligibility and subsidy criteria
- 'Subsidies may apply'
- For more information contact Child Care Services Training.
Learning Pathways and Delivery Methods
CCST offers a face to face delivery (Monday, held monthly) :
- In 2022 - we will be offering a face to face class. Class will be on Monday. This will be held once per month. Class is compulsory. There will be a requirement of external study. This delivery will be supported via a resource package that includes support materials, text books, self study guide and assessment resources. For learners working in an early childhood context, you will be able to complete the on the job competencies in your workplace. CCST will also contact learners fortnightly to see how they are going and offer on-going support and motivation. This will be via: email, phone, Zoom and face to visits. Resources will be accessed by our online Moodle portal.
- Learners will have access to a facilitator to provide support as they work through their individual units . We also have online videos to assist with unpacking each assignment.
- Recognition of Prior Learning will also be discussed with all learners (if relevant) to appropriately recognise any previous learning. We have an RPL Information kit if you would like more information regarding this; please call Lisa Tregenza to discuss the best option for you.