Policies and Information
Upon enrolment each student will receive a Student Handbook, however if you wish to receive the handbook prior to enrolment please let us know.
The handbook will cover the following:
- About Child Care Services Training
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of School Age Education and Care
- Course Delivery
- Workplace Learning
- Guidelines for Students
- Illness and Dress Code
- Students' Code of Behaviour
- Cheating or Plagiarism Statement
- Code of Practice - Customer Service
- Client Selection and Enrolment
- Access, Equity and Diversity Policy
- Equal Opportunity and Anti-Discrimination Statement
- Harassment, Victimisation and Bullying Statement
- Learning & Assesment Policy & Procedure
- Learning & Assessment Validation Policy & Procedure
- Participant Support Services Policy
- Fees and refund policy & procedure
- Occupational Health, Safety welfare policy & procedure
- Appeals policy & procedure
- Recognition of Prior Learning Information
- Issuance of Qualifications/Statements of Attainment
- Code of Practice
- A full refund will apply if a student withdraws before the course commences.
- A refund of 50% will apply if a student withdraws for personal reasons in the first three weeks of the course commencing or from the date of the first unit of competency is received. These reasons include sickness (verified by a medical certificate) or a change to their employment conditions (verified by employer).
- No refund will be given after three weeks of the course commencing or from the date of the first unit of competency is received. The date of withdrawal will be taken from the date that Child Care Services Training receives the Refund Application & any relevant supporting documentation.
- Please ring CCST for fees relating to individual qualifications
Support Services Delivery Policy
Child Care Services Training is committed to helping all students achieve their best possible outcomes. To underpin this Policy, Child Care Services Training will help students through a range of services that include:
Additional learning support (literacy/numeracy), Study skills and assignment preparation, Counselling (referral to appropriate agencies), Employment guidance/mentoring, Help with accessing high quality child care or Outside School Hours Care, Library services, Tea/coffee facilities.
If there is anything else you require or are seeking assistance with, please talk with Lisa or Melanie.
Health and Safety
Child Care Services Training is committed to meeting all requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety act in relation to our facilitators and students. All facilitators are responsible for providing a safe learning environment. Students also have a legal obligation to take care and protect their own wellbeing. If you have any concerns about your learning environment or your own safety; please contact your facilitator
Issuance of Qualifications/Statements of Attainment
Child Care Services Training complies with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 Standard Three.
Child Care Services Training will only issue AQF qualifications and statement/s that are within the scope of registration and that confirmed that the learner has met the required competencies, standards and units specified within the accredited course: CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care and CHC50113 Diploma of Early childhood education and care.
At the end of each year, each learner will be issued with a Statement of Attainment transcript outlining the units enrolled in and the result recorded for that academic year. When the learner has completed all necessary competencies within the Certificate III or Diploma, a qualification will be sent to the learner in a timely manner.
When issuing qualifications and statements of attainment, within the scope of registration, Child Care Services Training will include:
• Appropriate National Codes
• Units of Competency
• Registered Training Organisation Logo
• Registered Training Organisation national provider number
• Authorised signature
• Qualification title
• Parchment number
• Date issued
All qualifications, Academic Transcripts and Statements of Attainment issued under the Registered Training Organisation scope of registration will clearly be separated from other non-registered Child Care Services Training activities and certificates issued.
To request a replacement Parchment, Academic Transcript or Statement of Attainment you will need to contact Child Care Services Training and fill out the required form.
Cost of replacement Parchment - $20.00.